Mata Chica Beach Resort
…a tropical dream set on a long stretch
of pearly white sand
Welcome to Mata Chica, our secluded and exquisite Beach Resort, a tropical dream set on a long stretch of pearly white sand.
The atmosphere at Mata Chica is very much in harmony with the surrounding sea and palms. At the same time it is contemporary and luxurious.
The crystal clear waters and the gentle ocean breeze of the Caribbean together with the finest pearly white beach along the coast of Ambergris Caye will fill your soul with a sense of freedom and relaxation.
“Thanks to everyone here for making this one of the
most magical places we’ve ever been to.”
Facilities & Services:
Sample the flavor of the Beachfront Casitas, SeaView Suites, SeaView Bungalows, Luxury Caribbean Villas and Beach Mansion. All accommodation is in individual, air-conditioned villas.
You will feel the delicious taste of color in their murals, hand painted by internationally renown artist Lionel Dumas, enhanced by earthy furniture and colorful blankets derived from Mexico and Guatemala, while the spacious bathrooms with living plants create for you the sensation of taking a shower in the jungle.
You can rent rooms by the night or take advantage of one of a number of packages, including the Caribbean Adventure Splash you see below.
200ft from the beach
40ft from the beach
125 ft. from the Sea
Luxury Caribbean Villa
9% government hotel tax and 10% service charge not included in room rates or packages
7 Nights Caribbean Adventure Splash
Your package includes:
- Fine Accommodations in one of our Beautiful Beach Front Casitas, Luxurious Sea View Suites, Charming Sea View Bungalows, or Spacious Luxury Caribbean Villas
- Refreshing Caribbean Welcome Cocktails
- Bottle of chilled Champagne on arrival
- Full American Breakfast available from Sunrise until….
- Fresh and Local Lunch Selections of Shrimp, Lobster, Gourmet Salad, Italian Pizza, and Caribbean Quesadillas
- Elegant, yet casual, Dinner a-la-carte…. Choose from our extensive, fine Italian and International menu of fresh pastas and local seafood
- Full day Catamaran sail to Mexico Rocks; Soak up the Caribbean Sun… Listen to the Sound of the Waves… Feel the cooling breeze… Experience the amazing variety of beautiful coral and colorful tropical fish…. Enjoy a delicious Beach Picnic, including Beers, Rum Punch, Sodas and snacks
- Half day of reef fishing… Your private captain will meet you at our pier with tackle and bait. You will go to his secret locations along the Barrier Reef, to fish for snapper and other reef species. When you return, have our chef grill your catch
- Full day paradise excursion, starting with a visit to view the endangered Manatees, Bar-B-Que lunch at Breathtaking Goff’s Caye Atoll, tour and good shopping of the Rasta island of Caye Caulker, three snorkeling stops; includes Beers, Rum Punch, Sodas and snacks
- Transfers to and from our resort and San Pedro airstrip
Caribbean Adventure Splash
Beach Front Casita
Sea View Suite
Sea View Bungalow
Luxury Caribbean Villa
Tamarindo Beach Mansion
Special rates please inquire
Price is for double occupancy except Tamarindo
Beach Mansion which is priced for six.
For the adventurous, dive the world famous “Blue Hole”, or experience nature on a wildlife jungle excursion, feel the spirit of Mayan sacrifices while floating through one of the magnificent cave systems of Central Belize.
Watch the gentle, endangered Manatee in their natural habitat, explore ancient Mayan ruins on river trips, or go on a luminescent night dive.
Fish the flats for Tarpon and the elusive Bonefish, or the reef for Snapper. Even deep sea fishing for Marlin and Sailfish is possible. Our Front Office staff will be happy to arrange all this and much more.
A non-refundable 10% deposit with the Tropical Travel Association is required in order to confirm your reservation. The 90% balance is due to the hotel upon arrival. In special circumstances Mata Chica Beach Resort has the right to apply additional requirements as long as they do so before the 10% deposit is paid.
Of Special Note:
At our resort, the morning begins with freshly squeezed tropical fruit juice and a steaming cup of Belizean coffee. After breakfast, relax in a lounge chair or hammock, get a spa treatment, or shop in San Pedro’s charming barefoot village where English is the official language. At night, lean back in our giant outdoor Jacuzzi for superior star gazing while sipping a tropical cocktail.
Other options to fill your days are snorkeling off our pier, taking our sea kayaks for a spin, or swimming with an amazing array of beautifully colored fish at the Hol Chan Marine Reserve. Right next door you will have the unique opportunity to swim with Nurse Sharks and Sting Rays.
How to Book:
Please fill out the questionnaire below and click “Contact Mata Chica Beach Resort”
Email: * (see note below)
Please include country code.
Don’t know your country code?
When would you like to visit?
How many are in your group?
Do you have any questions or special requests?
Important: Please do not include email addresses, phone numbers or URLs (eg. www.someurl.com) in message box.
A representative from Mata Chica Beach Resort will get back to you soon.
Mata Chica Beach Resort is a member in good standing of Tropical Travel Association.
Important: The only safe way to transmit credit card information over the internet is via a secure server such as ours. This is identified by the “https://…” designation in your browser’s address bar. Look for it.
* Note: For your protection, Tropico will never give your email address to anyone other than a qualified representative from Mata Chica Beach Resort, and only then once all arrangements have been made.