The Aguada Hotel
We’re not expensive, we just look that way!
Tucked away in a tranquil setting in San Ignacio’s twin town, Santa Elena you’ll find The Aguada Hotel and Restaurant, named for a watering place used by the Ancient Maya. This bucolic setting is attractively landscaped with blooming trees, orchids, iguanas, over 63 species of birds, and a lovely array of foliage and flowering plants.
Combined with a charming atmosphere, attractive hardwood interiors, an excellent restaurant and bar, swimming pool complete with a patio, all located in the best valued hotel in Belize; this place is hard to beat. This quiet getaway is a welcome change from the hectic pace of downtown San Ignacio.
Facilities & Services:
Complete that exciting, adventurous filled day with an evening swim in our fresh water pool or enjoy one of our mouthwatering “Aguada Colodas” or speciality drinks prepared in our full service bar; while you await a meal chosen from a variety of tasty and appetizing local and international dishes.
Before heading for a good nights sleep in one of our 17 A/C rooms with ceiling fans, private bath with hot and cold water and all the comforts of home, stop in the lounge to chat with other guest, or check on your e-mail.
- ECONOMICAL ROOMS
- Comfortable guest rooms with the travelers budget in mind. All rooms are located on the lower level of the hotel equipped with A/C, ceiling fan and private bath.
- $36.05 Single Occupancy / $41.20 Double Occupancy
- STANDARD ROOMS
- These beautifully decorated, comfortable second floor guest rooms are all equipped with private bath, A/C, ceiling fan and Cable TV. Many of these rooms overlook the pool area.
- $46.35 Single Occupancy / $49.92 Double Occupancy
- DELUXE ROOMS
- These spacious pond side units are equipped with private bath, A/C, ceiling fan, cable TV and mini fridges. Rooms are available with Doubles, Queens and Kings.
- $58.20 Double Occupancy
- FAMILY UNITS
- Spacious Deluxe guest rooms perfect for families traveling together. These rooms are available in doubles, triples and quads. All equipped with private bath, A/C, ceiling fan, and cable TV.
- $65.52 per family (max 6)
Prices are in US Dollars/Prices DO NOT include 9% Hotel Tax Under 12 years old sharing parents room: no charge.
Over 63 species of tropical birds have been documented in the surrounding natural area by our pond, by Boyd Schaffer of the University of Alaska. Using our “Aguada Bird Check list” count how many you site during your stay.
A non-refundable 10% deposit with the Tropical Travel Association is required in order to confirm your reservation. The 90% balance is due to the hotel upon arrival. In special circumstances The Aguada Hotel has the right to apply additional requirements as long as they do so before the 10% deposit is paid.
Of Special Note:
Peace & Tranquility is one thing we can offer you at The Aguada.
Enjoy your favorite book or just relax your mind in our peaceful surroundings. Feed the fish and turtles with Tarun, the owner’s daughter, on any of the benches surrounding the pond.
Bird watching by the PondHummingbirds, Flycatchers, Hawks are a few to mention; but you will definitely see some of the most beautiful birds of Belize at The Aguada.
How to find us.
Air-conditioned Mercedes Van shuttle service available from the Airports in Belize City and the Marine Terminal to San Ignacio, Dangriga and Placencia.
The Aguada Hotel on the San Ignacio map
How to Book:
Please fill out the questionnaire below and click “Contact The Aguada Hotel”
How many guests?
day12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 monthJanFebMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugSeptOctNovDec, 201320142015
How many nights?
What type of room?
Economical RoomsStandard RoomsDeluxe RoomsFamily Units
Please be sure to include everything we need to know to make your stay a success.
A representative from The Aguada Hotel will get back to you soon.
The Aguada Hotel is a member in good standing of Tropical Travel Association.
Important: The only safe way to transmit credit card information over the internet is via a secure server such as ours. This is identified by the “https://…” designation in your browser’s address bar. Look for it.
* Note: For your protection, Tropico will never give your email address to anyone other than a qualified representative from The Aguada Hotel, and only then once all arrangements have been made.